Following a public hearing at the Aug. 11 Coleraine City Council meeting, the council passed an amendment to Ordinance 8.04 (Animal Licensing and Regulations). The new amendment prohibits pets in Longyear Park, and violators could face a $25 fee.
In another significant development at last week’s meeting, Mayor Mike Antonovich announced he would not be seeking re-election this November.
In other business, the council:
• Approved the minutes of the July 28 regular council meeting.
• Listened to regular reports from the street department, police department and fire department.
• Approved a ban on excess water usage. Consumption has gone from 140,000 to 230,000 gallons per day.
• Approved retaining John Licke to draft a fire board management agreement for Bovey and Coleraine fire departments.
• Approved the Trout Lake township invoice for road maintenance on Baich and Rangeline roads from January through July in the amount of $1,472.44.
• Listened to Eric Skoog, a representative from the Teamsters, express his concern about an email regarding a city employee that was sent by the police commission.