At last week’s Bovey City Council meeting, councilors awarded a bid to Casper Construction for repair of the manhole on Third Street located at the alley between 1st and 2nd Avenues.
Casper Construction bid $13,425 and was the low bidder. The city received two bids for the project.
In other business, the council:
• Approved the minutes from July 16, 2014 regular council meeting.
• Listened to a status report from Fire Chief Aaron Moren. He noted that the department has a new firefighter on its roster. Moren also told the council that he was unaware that the department could not publicly endorse candidates for office when the department threw its support behind sheriff candidate Bryan Johnson.
• Noted a grant awarded to the fire department for equipment purchases. The council will accept the grant at a later meeting after final numbers are submitted.
• Listened to a report from Street/Public Works, who informed the council about a water leak issue that will be discussed at the next budget meeting.
• Discussed an appraisal of vacant land that was first estimated at $34,410. The council agreed to have another appraisal completed at an estimated cost of $250-350.