At the regular council meeting Monday, the city of Coleraine approved adding verbiage to the city’s fence ordinance for the area known as Centennial Acres (formerly part of Grand Rapids Township). The new language will require residents of the area to follow standards set out in the Itasca County Zoning Ordinance. The change was made on the recommendation of the planning commission, which recently conducted a public hearing on the matter.
In other business, the council:
• Approved the minutes of the Aug. 11 council meeting.
• Accepted the liability coverage waiver form established by Minnesota statute.
• Discussed setting budget meetings for this fall. The city must establish its preliminary levy by Sept. 30.
• Approved removing legal fees from the police budget.
• Referred the matter of closing public alleys or streets for block parties to the city’s planning commission for further review.
• Tabled approval of the capital projects summary.