At last week’s meeting of the Itasca County Board of Commissioners, officials heard from Assistant County Engineer Ryan Sutherland regarding the highway department’s draft construction plan.
Sutherland noted that the highway department’s budget comprises approximately 13.2 percent of county spending. He also highlighted planned construction projects. Significant projects planned for 2016 include:
• Rebuilding three bridges.
• A culvert replacement on CSAH 7.
• A reconstruction project on County Road 45.
• A reconstruction project on CSAH 88.
• Several bituminous overlay projects.
The construction projects outlined for the board are part of a draft five-year plan. The county engineering/transportation department will be taking public input on the five year plan through March 30. Copies of the draft plan are available by contacting the transportation office or online at: http://www.co.itasca.mn.us/Home/Departments/Transportation/Pages/
In other business, the board:
• Approved the minutes of the March 1 work session.
• Approved warrants in the amount of $338,469.56
• Heard a report on an intensive home visiting program.
• Conducted a public hearing then approved a corridor access for 1.5 miles of County Road 333 and approximately .5 miles for County Road 8.
• Scheduled Board of Equalization hearings for 3 p.m. on June 13 and continued to June 20, if necessary.