The Itasca County Board of Commissioners set salaries for elected officials at its organizational meeting last week.
The board set minimum salaries for elected officials as follows: county attorney - $83,231.16; county auditor/treasurer - $83,231.16; county recorder - $56,927.43; county sheriff - $83,231.16.
The board also handled a number of other administrative issues at its annual organizational meeting. Commissioners:
• Elected Leo Trunt board chair and Davin Tinquist as vice-chair for 2014.
• Recognized county employee hires, retirements, and resignations.
• Approved appointments to various committees/boards/commissions.
• Passed a motion in support of the Reif Center’s Legislative bonding request.
• Awarded the legal printing bids to low bidders as follows: official proceedings, Scenic Range NewsForum; first run financial statement, Scenic Range NewsForum; second run financial statement, Western Itasca Review; delinquent tax list, Scenic Range NewsForum.
• Waived the statutory insurance requirement and agreed to cost share insurance up to $2,000 with Loren Solberg, the county’s contracted lobbyist.
• Reviewed the county’s 2014 draft legislative platform. The board will ask Solberg to attend its next work session to prioritize its legislative agenda.