The ISD 318 School Board met for its regularly scheduled meeting on Monday, May 16 at the administration building. The board handled several routine items including:
• Hired one coach, one activities director, 12 replacement teachers, one school psychologist and accepted two resignations and two retirements.
• Renewed the district’s membership in the Minnesota State High School League for 2016/2017.
• Awarded a contract for bituminous overlay at the Grand Rapids High School parking lot to Hawkinson Construction.
• Awarded a contract for LED lighting replacement at the High School in the amount of $54,000 to Lanyk Electric.
• Approved the KOOTASCA Head Start and Early Start agreement.
• Approved a lease for use of the athletic fields at Cohasset’s Portage Park 2017-2019.