Lakeview Cemetery, Coleraine:
• Monday, May 26, 10 a.m. (in case of rain, service will be held at the Greenway High School Auditorium).
Nashwauk American Legion & Auxiliary #307
• Monday, May 26, 2014: Legion Quarters of the Memorial Building
• 8-10 a.m. French Toast Breakfast
• 10:30 a.m. Parade
• Memorial Service after the parade at the Nashwauk Cemetery. In case of rain, events will be held at the Nashwauk Recreation Building.
Keewatin American Legion Post 452, VFW Post 5516 & Auxiliaries
• Monday, May 26, 2014, 9:30 a.m., Keewatin City Park (in case of rain, service will be held at the Keewatin Fire hall)
Warba American Legion Post 432
• Ceremonies on Monday, May 26 include:
• 8:30 a.m. Trout Lake Norwegian Cemetery
• 9:00 a.m. Trout Lake Township Cemetery
• 9:30 a.m. Hazelwood Cemetery, Blackberry
• 10:15 a.m. Ball Bluff Township Cemetery, Jacobson
• 10:45 a.m. Sago Cemetery, Swan River
• 11:15 a.m. Wawina Cemetery
• 12:00 p.m. Warba Cemetery
• 12:15 p.m. Warba Post #432
• Luncheon to Follow at Legion Beach
• Sunday, May 27 at 1 p.m.
• Potluck luncheon to follow at the Goodland Community Center
Grand Rapids Military honors will be conducted as follows on
Monday, May 26:
• 9:00 a.m. Old Soldiers Lane Cemetery Wreath Laying
• 9:30 a.m. Wildwood Cemetery Wreath Laying
• 10:30 a.m. Harris Township Cemetery Wreath Laying
• 10:45 a.m. Robert Horn Bridge Wreath Committal
• 11:30 a.m. Itasca Calvary Cemetery Address/Wreath Laying
• 11:50 a.m. Courthouse Veterans Memorial Wreath Laying
• 12:30 a.m. Manor House Wreath Laying
• 1:00 p.m. Evergreen Terrace Care Center Wreath Laying
• 1:45 p.m. Grand Village Wreath Laying (Itasca Nursing Home)
The official Memorial Day address will take place at 11:30 a.m. at the Itasca Calvary Cemetery.
The area Memorial Day Committee intends that every Veteran’s grave is properly decorated with a flag and holder. If a Veteran’s grave is advertently missed, there will be extra flags and holders at the main flagpole.
The decoration of graves (flags and holders) will take place on Friday, May 23, 2014 at 4 p.m. Please contact the Itasca County Veterans Office at 327-2858, if you are interested in volunteering to help or have further questions.