At last week’s meeting of the Keewatin City Council, officials handled a number of items of business. Councilors:
• Approved the minutes of the Jan. 25 regular meeting and Jan. 23 work session.
• Passed a resolution approving the Minnesota Energy Franchise Agreement.
• Approved sending a request to charitable gambling for the Jan. 21 city Fun Day.
• Approved the purchase of a ballfield groomer. The purchase is expected to cost the city little to nothing thanks to fundraising efforts.
• Approved Chris Koprivec for lead man position.
• Authorized officials to take next steps in the hiring process for the position of janitor/utility person.