The city of LaPrairie handled a number of yearly organizational items at its first meeting of the year on Monday.
The council reorganized for 2014 as follows:
• Appointed Councilor Margie Ritter as Mayor Pro Tem.
• Designated the Scenic Range NewsForum as its official newspaper.
• Designated the First National Bank of Coleraine as its official depository.
• Appointed Hugh Heinecke CPA as the city’s auditing firm.
• Appointed John Licke as the city’s civil attorney.
• Appointed John Dimich as the city’s criminal attorney.
• Appointed SEH as the city’s official engineering firm.
• Set council meeting dates for 2014. The council generally meets the first and third Mondays of the month, with the exception of January and February, when the council will meet the first Monday of the month only.
• Set the city’s mileage reimbursement rate at the IRS (Internal Revenue Service) rate.
• Approved 2014 council and city committee appointments.
• Approved council delegate appointments for the year.
In other business, the council:
• Approved the minutes of the Dec. 16, 2013 regular council meeting.
• Listened to committee and department reports.
• Passed a motion directing the city attorney to negotiate an inspection to assess the integrity of property located at 311 LaPrairie Ave.
• Donated $100 to the Greenway Sports Complex Area Fishing Tournament.
• Declined to pass a resolution to adopt Itasca County’s synthetic drug ordinance. Upon the advice of the city’s criminal attorney.