At last week’s meeting of the Marble City Council, officials handled a number of routine items of business.
Business approved by councilors included:
• Approving the consent agenda, regular minutes of the July 11, 2016 council meeting and July bills and payroll.
• Passing a motion to pay SEH for water main project.
• Council member Al Guddeck noted that lots of cars parked on streets with no current license. Council is looking into the issue and recommends calling police/towing them. Councilors also noted that there are properties within the city that aren’t being mowed. These owners will be sent letters.
• Noting that the Greenway Fire Department will be holding a gun raffle Oct. 15 at the fire hall.
• Approving a fence request for 106 Jesse St.
• Noting that hydrant flushing would take place Aug. 16 and 17.
• Noting that a complaint was received that the ground around Johnson Drive where dirt has been refilled is looking really wet and not drying up. The council is looking into the issue.