The City of Nashwauk has most of its ducks in a row for the Fourth of July celebration later this year.
Last week, councilors heard from Dale Novak of Pyrotechnic, which will be handling the city’s fireworks display.
Novak noted that the company has insurance and permits in place and handles clients in a number of states. The display, he added would be a 20 minute display, designed by computers. “We want you to be happy, long-term customers,” he said.
In other business, the council:
• Approved the minutes of the March 8 council meeting.
• Approved the layoff of city rink attendants effective March 1.
• Authorized using a work crew from Thistledew to assist with a landscaping project.
• Authorized City Engineer John Jamnick to assess what is needed to repair a retaining wall that’s encroaching on a nearby residential property.
• Discussed remaining steps to get the city’s new email and server for city hall up and running.
• Authorized final payment for the Central Ave./parking lot project to Casper Construction in the amount of $26,921.58.
• Authorized the removal of handicapped parking at 202 Central Ave.