At last week’s meeting of the Taconite City Council officials handled a number of routine items of business.
Actions taken by the council included:
• Approved the minutes of the May 9, 2016 regular meeting.
• Approved Braun Intertec’s soil testing proposal for the Hwy. 169 project.
• Approved the sale of a 2001 Dodge half-ton pick up. The city will accept bids on the truck which will be opened at the July 11 council meeting.
• Discussed current issues involving the joint wastewater board. The city of Coleraine would like a new joint powers agreement. The board will be meeting with a mediator later this month.
• Accepted the resignation of Ted Birch from the Land Use Committee. The council thanked Birch for his years of service.
• Accepted the treasurer’s report with a May ending balance of $29,342.58.
• Approved payment of claims in the amount of $56,000.05.
• Authorized the sale of investments in the following amounts - $20,000 general fund; $20,000 Fire Protection Fund, and $10,000 Capital Improvement Fund.
• Scheduled a public hearing at 4:15 on July 11 to review conditional use fencing requests.
• Appointed Geraldene Kilpatrick and Pat Fillbrandt as 2016 Head Election Judges. Dianna Cogswell, Kitty Rutan, Nora Bellefy, Tracy Ross, and Karen Jurgensen were also appointed as judges.
• Authorized payment of election judges at a rate of $10/hour plus mileage/expenses on election day. Head judges would be paid at a rate of $12/hour.